GETTING TO DESTIN, FLORIDA – BY FLIGHT
- Northwest Florida Regional Airport
- Pensacola Regional Airport
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
The closest is Northwest Florida Regional Airport (VPS). Just 20 minutes from downtown Destin, this smaller airport is served by American Airlines, United, Delta, and US Airways, from Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Charlotte.
Pensacola Regional Airport (PNS), about an hour west of Destin, is larger and served by American Airlines, Delta, Silver Airways, Southwest, United, and US Airways. Direct flights can be booked from Dallas, Houston, Nashville, Chicago, Washington DC, Charlotte, Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, and Miami.
Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) is a smaller airport about an hour east of Destin and is the newest of the three. Airlines serving ECP are Delta, Southwest, and United. Direct flights are available from Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas, Houston, Nashville, and St. Louis.
GETTING TO DESTIN, FLORIDA – BY CAR
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO DESTIN FLORIDA
Driving to Destin, Florida is easy too! It is about 50 miles from Panama City Beach and Pensacola. Destin sits at the intersection of US Highway 98 and 293 and driving to Destin affords you the opportunity to explore some of Northwest Florida’s most beautiful landscapes, including the Point Washington State Forest, Apalachicola National Forest, Blackwater River State Forest, and Scenic Highway 30A.
- New York: 19 hours, 1,200 miles
- Mobile: 2 hours, 108 miles
- Atlanta: 5 hours, 335 miles
- New Orleans: 4 hours, 250 miles
- Dallas/Ft. Worth: 11 hours, 700 miles
- Chicago: 14 hours, 925 miles
- Nashville: 7 hours, 455 miles
- Birmingham: 4.5 hours, 250 miles
- Houston: 8.5 hours, 575 miles
- Tallahassee: 2.5 hours, 150 miles
- Montgomery: 3 hours, 160 miles
- Jacksonville: 5 hours, 320 miles